10. I like to hike in the beautiful Montana mountains. This year, we hiked in Jewel Basin and into the Mission Mountain Wilderness.
9. One of my favorite places to shop in Montana is a cute small town called Bigfork. They have the best little stores around! And a fabulous art fair, the beginning of every August.
8. See plays in the Bigfork playhouse! They are a very fun night event. My favorite plays we’ve seen there are “The King and I” and “Beauty and the Beast.” “Cats”–not so much.
7. Float down the Swan River on inner tubes. It is relaxing and totally fun with the family! Put in at the public access at the top of the river (near the lake) and pull out down at Robinson Creek. It takes about an hour.
6. Go fishing on the lake. You can also fish on the river too.
5. Visit Glacier National Park. Glacier is an awesome place to experience great hiking trails, glaciers (duh!), and beautiful views!
4. Go to Norm’s News; an old fashi0ned soda parlor and candy shop! Enough said.
3. Go swimming in Swan Lake! I swim almost every day when I visit Montana during the summer. It’s cold–fed from mountain streams and the river–but you get used to it (or numb enough not to care).
2. Go waterskiing!!! My mom wants me to single but I just do face-plants dropping a ski. And our old boat is too tired to pop me up. So I’ll go with two.
1. INNER-TUBING!!!!!!!! It takes little skill, and it is a blast! I’d inner-tube every day if I could. A total rush…Sadly, we killed our tube after two weeks. New one next year, courtesy of Costco.